Wallpaper is a great way to add color and texture to your walls and ceilings. It can be used in any room, from living rooms and dining rooms, to bathrooms and bedrooms. However, installing wallpaper correctly can be a tricky task. Here are some tips for installing wallpaper on walls and ceilings:
1. Measure the wall or ceiling before purchasing wallpaper – Make sure that you measure the wall or ceiling accurately so that you purchase enough wallpaper for the job. You should also consider if you need to buy additional rolls of wallpaper for pattern matching or repeats.
2. Choose the right adhesive – Depending on the type of wallpaper you’re using, you may need a specific type of adhesive such as paste-the-wall or ready-mixed adhesive. Be sure to read the instructions carefully so that you choose the correct product.
3. Prepare the surface – Before applying any adhesive, make sure that the wall or ceiling is clean, dry and free from dust and dirt. This will help ensure that your wallpaper sticks properly and lasts longer.
4. Hang each strip straight – When hanging each strip of wallpaper, make sure that it is straight by using a spirit level or ruler as a guide. This will help give your walls an even look when finished.
5. Trim around edges – Once all strips have been hung, use a sharp knife to trim away any excess paper around light switches, skirting boards and other fixtures in order to get a neat finish.
6. Seal seams with glue – Seams between each strip of wallpaper should be sealed with special seam glue in order to prevent air bubbles from forming once it has dried completely.
Following these tips for installing wallpaper on walls and ceilings will help ensure that your home looks beautiful and well put together!